Well, after wishing I could be as with it as my brother and his wife with the "blogging" thing, I got inspired by baby number 3 to try a blog. I thought the whole blog thing was a pretty neat way to "stay in touch" with my brother without having to harass him. After all, in phone calls you cover the basics, but you don't get the whole thoughts and feelings you get day after day living with someone. With people as literate (?-where's my thesaurus of a husband when I need him) as Wes and Erin, you get a peek into what's really going on with them behind the scenes. I am not claiming this will be remotely as interesting Mom, but I'm giving it a shot!!
Baby number 3 has been, well, not only a surprise, but kind of a weird mix of been there done that and first time mom excitement. I found a neat website that says it has a gadget that you can put on your blog to let everyone know what the baby looks like at weekly intervals, so people reading your blog can "see" where you are in your pregnancy. I am going to try to figure that out. I keep trying to remain calm about the whole pregnancy thing, since I have done it twice before, but after 10 years, its just like the first time in a way. I have already started a "name list", checked out baby "stuff" at the store, told a ton of people, and been to many websites that keep reminding me that not only am I not going to die from morning sickness, but its a passing phase. My husband keeps telling me that too, but he follows it with "you just don't remember, do you?" No, I don't. Blissfully, I don't remember being sick constantly. Just a little morning sickness with Charlie and lots of Braxton Hicks with John. The rest was pure bliss, right? God really gave me a good dose of forget it all apparently!! As I think about the future of interrupted sleep, dirty diapers, teething and screaming, I am very excited that Charlie is older. Charlie is old enough to "get it" (and change diapers, and babysit, etc). I am sharing this experience with him, its not just happening around him this time. After seeing the ultrasound photo, Charlie has gotten excited. He has let me veg for most of the last 6 weeks. He is even willing to let the baby's crib be in his room. Hmmm, he stays up all night any way, maybe that's not such a bad idea..... I acknowledge that it's possible he's not going to stay thrilled, but I bet when he gets older and those hormones start kicking in, he'll remember protection because of baby #3.
Well, thanks for reading!!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love your blog , hope you feel better soon.
I need some baby updates on here!
They are coming. What I need to get are pictures on here.
Post a Comment